Requirements for subsidity
The Dirk Nowitzki Foundation offers financial support to projects which enable children to take part in society through sports and physical exercise and thereby ensuring their chances for a good start in life in Würzburg and surrounding areas, Germany and the whole world.
The foundation predominantly supports projects for children and young adolescents from underprivileged backgrounds as well as projects in socially deprived areas. In developing countries the foundation support children who count as disadvantaged according to the guidelines of each individual country.
The Dirk Nowitzki Foundation provides help for instance by offering exercise scholarships, which include the payment of course fees, the funding of new sports equipment, the training of instructors as well as the remunerations of advisers and workshops. Larger building schemes such as sanitary installations or gymnasiums can not be sponsored.
If you would like to apply for a Dirk Nowitzki Foundation sponsorship, we need fundamental information about your project in order to verify whether it meets the requirements for subsidy.
Please fill out this short characterization form and send it back to us or contact us via email or telephone. We are looking forward to your ideas.
The decision over the project application is made by the foundation board. We cannot guarantee the processing of an application in the next board session, since the funds of the Dirk Nowitzki Foundation are limited and since the examination of the application is very extensive. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Conditions for subsidity
The Dirk Nowitzki Foundation supports projects which
- are sustainably designed with a minimum duration of three years.
- feature a funding budget of at least 10.000 Euro.
- are independently implemented and coordinated by the appropriate partner.
- are managed by institutions such as foundations, schools, kindergartens or registered initiatives. Initiatives of private individuals are not being subsidized.
The Dirk Nowitzki Foundation does not subsidize
- conventional work in sports clubs or in the area of high-performance sports.
- public or municipal tasks.
- projects which exclusively cover the areas of disability, migration, therapeutic measures, preventative health care or disease control. Children with disabilities or migrant background can of course be supported within the frame of other projects in the areas of sports and exercise that are relevant to the foundation.